Re: Problem installing CPAN module

Sonam Chauhan wrote:
Hi - While doing a fresh install of Cygwin, I have run into errors
installing a CPAN Perl module that worked last month. The module is
Proc::ProcessTable. It now reports a "`PID_ZOMBIE' undeclared" error message
during compilation. The relevant snippet is below.

Hmm... This rings a bell... *digging through old CPAN build cache*

Yup, here it is... Appearantly the cygwin.h include file changed at some point and the PID_ZOMBIE definition disappeared. Seems like the PID_UNUSED definition replaced it though. At least it has the same value.

So, I just replaced PID_ZOMBIE with PID_UNUSED in Proc::ProcessTable's os/cygwin.c and voila! It builds...

Whether that's the correct definition to be used there, I have no idea but it seems to work fine...

I actually thought I had submitted a patch for this but I must have forgotten...

Back in May, I reported a different problem with this module:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg54579.html At that time, cygcheck showed the core 'cygwin' version as 1.5.16-1. The
'cygwin' version is now 1.5.17-1. The versions of Cygwin Perl (5.8.6-4) and
CPAN Proc::ProcessTable version (0.39) have not changed.

Any thought on what the problem might be?

It seems the problem with Proc::ProcessTable picking up the wrong PID (i.e. Win PID instead of Cygwin PID) is still around... I'm not really familiar with cygwin's internals so I'm not sure what to do about that...

But at least it builds now.. ;-)

--
/Lasse