This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.17: problem building GNU screen
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:45:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.5.17: problem building GNU screen
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 07:10:08AM -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>> I found a problem building GNU screen on cygwin 1.5.17.
>> Invoking ./configure leads to produce below error message.
>>>rm: cannot remove `conftext.exe': Permission denied.
>IIRC I encountered this problem during the test for a broken FIFO
>implementation. As it turns out, Cygwin's FIFO implementation is
>broken (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-04/msg00163.html), but
>the test in configure doesn't detect this. So, my solution was just to
>remove this test from the configure script and set fifo= . This also
>solved the leftover process problem. Try applying the attached patch,
>and rerunning configure.
The fifo implementation has improved since that time however:
IMO, the posted check for fifos is flawed in that it assumes that
writing to a fifo will not block if there is no reader on the fifo.
That's not true for cygwin.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html