NTFS & cygwin inodes

I want to produce an ISO image with mkisofs that contains LOTS of
duplicated files.
Unfortunately the "man" seems to state that option -cache-inodes is not
usable on Cygwin (?_?)

-no-cache-inodes
      Do  not  cache  inode and device numbers.  This option is needed
      whenever a filesystem does not have unique inode numbers. It  is
      the  default  on Cygwin.  As the Microsoft operating system that
      runs below Cygwin is not  POSIX  compliant,  it  does  not  have
      unique  inode numbers.  Cygwin creates fake inode numbers from a
      hash algorithm that is not 100% correct.  If mkisofs would cache
      inodes on Cygwin, it would believe that some files are identical
      although they are not. The result in this case  are  files  that
      contain  the  wrong content if a significant amount of different
      files (> ~5000) is in inside the tree that is  to  be  archived.
      This  does not happen when the -no-cache-inodes is used, but the
      disadvantage is that mkisofs cannot detect hardlinks anymore and
      the resulting CD image may be larger than expected.

Do they maybe just put is as a warning when the file system used is FAT?
Is the problem there also for NTFS?
Was it somewhen solved altogether (and, thus, wuold be nice writing to
mkisofs authors to warn them to change the "man" page)?

BTW: I also found an interesting program called "Duplicate File Linker"
that simply hardlinks (on NTFS, of course) any file found with same
content, which seems a sensible thing to do to me, if I want to cerate
such an ISO image (and files aer not already hardlinked).
In case that option has really problems still on cygwin, do anyone knows
of a similiar program available on freebsd or linux? (that I could use
to produce the ISO itself)

Thanks,
  Lapo =)

--