RE: problems in Perl process management

Reini - Thanks for replying man.

> I didn't complain yet upstream at rt.cpan.org because I wanted to wait
> for our 5.8.7 release. But you can do it by yourself also,

OK, I'm not that talented, so I didn't try fixing this bug, but I did report
it with a better testcase here:
	http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=12840

> or fix it in this module XS. It's really easy with the cygwin provided
> translation functions.
>    See http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-02/msg00154.html

I had a look at your post, but out of curiosity, isn't it about adding
functionality for looking up the WINPID from the Cygwin process ID? Is the
fix really that simple? After all, Proc::ProcessTable misreports the PID and
PPID only under certain conditions -- this would indicate a complex issue in
Proc::ProcessTable XS code, right?

Regards,
Sonam Chauhan
--
Electronic Commerce, Corporate Express Australia Ltd.