Re: Cannot find the librtl3 package even after reading suggestions in FAQ and posts!

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 01:10:57PM -0400, David_Fox@3com.com wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I've been following with great interest the issue of a missing
>cygintl-3.dll file.  I've read the FAQ's and found that the dll should be
>in the libintl3 package.
>
>I'm at a real loss here as I've checked my copied distribution and a
>number of mirror sites around the world looking for the libintl3 directory
>in the release tree.  I can't find it anywhere.  I've also tried following
>the directions to get Setup, I have v2.457.2.2, to install them by
>specifically selecting the library package from the full list.  The
>package isn't listed anywhere.  Without this library cygwin will not start
>for me.
>
>Is there a problem with the current distribution that the GNU
>Internationalization libraries are missing?  Is the package database wrong
>in saying that cygintl-3.dll is in:
>
>libintl3/libintl3-0.14.1-1GNU Internationalization runtime library

cygintl-3.dll *is* in the libintl3 package.  You probably need to reinstall
it using setup.exe.

sourceware:~release/gettext/libintl3# tar vtjf libintl3-0.14.1-1.tar.bz2
-rwxr-xr-x cwilson/None  55612 2004-07-06 17:56:24 usr/bin/cygintl-3.dll

cgf