This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Removal of hard links with count > 1 for files that are in use
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:15:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: Removal of hard links with count > 1 for files that are in use
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <004201c54cb3$3b9b2f10$2d00000a@wsmap>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 29 15:01, Marcus Picasso wrote:
> $ ln /bin/rm.exe ./foo.exe
> $ /bin/rm.exe -f ./foo.exe
> rm: cannot remove `foo.exe': Permission denied
> Is this expected behaviour?
I was surprised, too, but the answer is "apparently yes". Trying to
remove the hardlink results in an ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED from the Win32
calls. Go figure.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html