This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: I need to change my home directory
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: marcos rebelo <oleber at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:50:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: I need to change my home directory
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 11:46 AM 4/22/2005, you wrote:
>My home directory is something like:
>/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/xpto
>I would like to have it in:
>I hwve this in one computer but not in the other. But I didn't do
>nothing for that.
>What am I doing wrong?
Apparently, you're just not aware of the differences between these two
systems. Look at '/etc/defaults/etc/profile' for a description of how
Cygwin determines what your home directory is. That should provide some
insight. If it's just plain set incorrectly in your '/etc/passwd' file,
rerun 'mkpasswd' as specified in '/etc/postinstall/passwd-grp.sh.done'
but add the '-p' flag followed by '/home/xpto'. 'man mkpasswd' provides
the full details.
There. Done. :-)
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html