This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc 4.0 and 3.3 at the same time?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Krzysztof Duleba <krzysan at skrzynka dot pl>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:13:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc 4.0 and 3.3 at the same time?
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <email@example.com>
Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
Since gcc 4.0 is out, sooner or later there will be a Cygwin release. As
much as I look forward to it, I hope it won't replace the current release
I see that C++ headers are kept in /usr/include/c++/3.3.3 and some
libraries in /lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3, but a bunch of libraries
like libstdc++.a are placed in /lib, so there will be an obvious conflict.
Does Cygwin gcc maintainer intend to resolve it so that it would be
possible for gcc 3.3 and 4.0 to coexist? It seems that all one has to do
is to build gcc with some options so that it keeps its libraries somewhere
else. I can give it a try and submit a patch to build scripts, but I guess
that the maintainer will do it with much less effort.
I'll try to do so. AFAIK it is just one configure flag which needs to
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html