This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How well supported is csh/tcsh?
- From: Jason Pearce <jason dot pearce at ieee dot org>
- To: Vince <jhary at unsane dot co dot uk>
- Cc: 'Cygwin List' <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:33:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: How well supported is csh/tcsh?
- References: <200504201605.j3KG5NS3006651@unsane.co.uk>
Some packages come with install scripts. I guess running them is
independant of the shell you choose so they just work.
o Do most new/upgraded packages work or do you always have to
port setup scripts?
Sorry, I don't get what you mean
Other than that there are just a few environment variables that effect
things. MAKE_MODE springs to mind. It gets set /etc/profile but also
seems to be done in /etc/csh.login - so that one is OK. Are there others?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html