This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: downloading cygwin from linux
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: community help <helpcomm at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:33:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: downloading cygwin from linux
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, community help wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I tried to download cygwin from a linux machine but
> with no success. Is there any way to download every
> thing at a time and install it later on a windows
> I'm trying to download cygwin from work where i have a
> linux system and i want to install it at home where i
> have windows but no internet connection.
> PS: executing setup.exe in linux does not work. So
> there must be an other way.
Two possibilities immediately spring to mind: WINE or BEER (bring
everything employing rsync). Both are untested.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html