This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: perl-libwin32-0.191-4
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:00:11 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: perl-libwin32-0.191-4
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
This email is to inform you about the release of the updated libwin32
perl package for the current perl-5.8.6 through http://cygwin.com/setup.exe.
The changes in this release are as follows:
* perl-Win32-GUI was taken out to a seperate package.
* Win32CORE is in perl core now.
* Installed into /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/
* Maintainer changed from Rafael Kitover to Reini Urban.
* Added Win32::Process::GetCurrentProcessID(),
* Minor patches to improve APINet/t/test.t and fix pm_to_blib.ts issues.
* Make it work under current perl-5.8.6
A collection of Win32 Perl extensions, collected by ActiveState when
had the patch pumpkin (around 2002), but never maintained it since
then, until recently.
Included modules: Win32API::File, Win32API::Net, Win32API::Registry,
Win32::ChangeNotify, Win32::Clipboard, Win32::Console, Win32::Event,
Win32::EventLog, Win32::File, Win32::FileSecurity,
Win32::IPC, Win32::Internet, Win32::Job, Win32::Mutex, Win32::NetAdmin,
Win32::NetResource, Win32::ODBC, Win32::OLE, Win32::PerfLib,
Win32::Pipe, Win32::Process, Win32::Registry, Win32::Semaphore,
Win32::Service, Win32::Shortcut, Win32::Sound, Win32::TieRegistry and
Note: On CPAN there is a newer libwin32-0.24 release which has less
patches and cygwin enhancements than this package.
It merely collided with the overlong review period of
perl-libwin32-0.191-4. Of course an update for libwin32-0.24 is in the
works, but this time with official sanctus upstream. Discussion happens
in the fresh email@example.com list. The old ActiveState list dead.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html