This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building a common cygwin enviroment for network distribution
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:42:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: Building a common cygwin enviroment for network distribution
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <425EEF9D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Carl Perry wrote:
> I've built an NSIS installer taht copies all the files and creates
> all the necessary icons - however things are not functioning as
If you're not copying the mounts, you're almost certainly going to run
into problems. The "correct" way to do this is to do "mount -m
>mounts.bat" on the target machine and then run that batch file on each destination machine. (This assumes that all the paths are identical.) You could also do it just by a straight copy of the registry information, but the mount method is much cleaner.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html