This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash Process Substitution
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 05:24:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: Bash Process Substitution
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Lev S Bishop wrote:
> rather than the fifo that the binary package uses. So perhaps whoever
> built the binary package didn't have /proc/self/fd for whatever reason?
If I'm not mistaken /proc/<pid>/fd capabilty was added 2005-02-01. The
current bash package (2.05b-16) was released 2003-10-23. (the test
version -17 was released 2004-11-22.) So it was quite impossible for
the person who built bash to have that feature.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html