This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Shared id Cygwin1.dll
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:30:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Shared id Cygwin1.dll
- References: <1553017.1112912726426.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:25:26PM -0500, Elin Aronsen wrote:
>I deleted the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
>key and something very strange happened. The window changed name to
>cmd.exe and when I tried to run cygcheck on the same cygwin.bat window
>again the command was not found and it answered bash.exe warning: could
>not find /tmp, please create. The name of the window was changed to
>cmd.exe in C:WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe.
>Grateful for help.
Stop playing with the registry. You don't know what you're doing and
you're just making matters worse for yourself.
Either use setup.exe or the mount command.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html