This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: nfs-server-2.3-1
- From: "Robb, Sam" <sam dot robb at timesys dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:05:39 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: nfs-server-2.3-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've updated the nfs-server package for Cygwin to version 2.3-1.
As active development on the package seems to have stalled
(see http://sourceforge.net/projects/unfs/ - last release was
three years ago), and this release contains significant changes,
I decided to bump the version number to 2.3 to reflect the fact
that this package has essentially become a fork of the original
Changes in this release include: =20
- Configuration now handled completely by autoconf
- Updated source layout and general source code cleanup
- Much updated nfs-server-config script
- Improved documentation
- Removed CDF support in favor of future ClusterNFS integration.
- Added support for simple '*' as allowed host in /etc/exports
- Added support for setting root uid on command line
With these changes, the nfs-server now passes almost all of the
Connectathon (http://www.connectathon.org/nfstests.html) tests.
If anyone knows of other nfs-server test suites that could be used
to help verify the correctness of the server, I'd be happy to get
a pointer to them.
*** INSTALLATION ***
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions. =20
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
- Sam Robb (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html