Re: sshd problems

> After you ran the ssh-host-config script, did you start the service with:
>
> cygrunsrv -S sshd
>
> If not, the service isn't running yet and you won't be able to connect.

thanks for answering,
well I tryed and that's the answer:

$  cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: win32 error 1053

if i try to stop the service i get

$  cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error stopping a service: QueryServiceStatus: win32 error 1053

if  i try to start again the error number changes from 1053 to 1062

$  cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: win32 error 1062

I remind that I installed the last( 1 week ago) version of cygwin on a machine
running windows xp professional with service pack 2. I simply installed cygwin
with the setup utility and confidurate ssh using ssh-host-config answering
always yes. Nothing else has been done.

regards
giuseppe