This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.14-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 03:10:11 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.14-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Changes since 1.5.13-1:
- corinna: Fix utimes() on non-NTFS.
- cgf: Restore signals after a system() call.
- cgf: Maintain floating point precision over calls to winsock.
- cgf: Do more thread cleanup when a thread exits.
- corinna: Export utmpxname.
- cgf: Fix some clipboard problems when the clipboard contains non-text.
- cgf: Fix some problems with special names in managed mode.
- ptsekov: Fix inability to set /cygdrive in user-specific mode.
- corinna: Implement mmap(MAP_AUTOGROW).
- cgf: Right shift exit code by eight when process is not started in a cygwin
- cgf: Detect bad symlinks on network shares.
- cgf: Reduce size of dll slightly by avoiding needless duplication brought about
by auto-loaded functions.
- corinna: Don't reference floppies when iterating over the mount table.
- cgf: Fix problem where "." and ".." would show up more than once in a directory
listing after a seekdir().
- corinna: Rework credential passing in unix domain sockets to make things faster
and less racy.
- cgf: Take a preliminary stab at getting the DLL to build with gcc 4.x. Not
there yet, unfortunately.
- cgf: Implement LD_PRELOAD handling similar to glibc.
- cgf: Implement CW_HOOK functionality to allow cygwin functions to be overridden.
- cgf: Export lsearch and lfind.
- pierre.humblet: Implement timer_gettime. Rework getitimer, setitimer,
ualarm, alarm to avoid the need for an "invisible" window.
- cgf: Fix crash when "cygpath --help" was specified.
- cgf: Make "kill -NNN", where NNN is a signal name, operational again.
- Brian Dessent: When searching for the cygwin DLL in cygcheck, avoid reporting
on the current directory.
- cgf: Fix problem with setting PATH when executing a cygexec binary.
- ebb: Fix incorrect setting of PATH_MAX. Implement NAME_MAX.
- corinna: Re-add /proc/exename.
- ebb: Add better handling for "path too long" with 'chdir'.
- pechtcha: Fix false case-clash errors with check_case:strict
for filenames with trailing dots/spaces.
- corinna: Don't try to sync floppies on A: and B:.
- corinna: Resolve IPC/Socket memory conflict in child after fork.
- corinna: Fix sign bug in newlib's strtod when exponent is invalid
(fixes problem with zero exponent in scanf).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html