This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Jamal Siadat <siadat at cpsc dot ucalgary dot ca>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:57:15 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: gmake
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Jamal Siadat wrote:
> do you know wher I can find the gmake option ( or its equivalent) in
If by "gmake" you mean "GNU make", Cygwin's "make" *is* GNU make. Just
install the "make" package.
If your tools rely on it being called "gmake", use any of the standard
mechanisms to make them think that "gmake" is "/usr/bin/make" (e.g., a
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html