Re: kerberos

Kevin Van Workum wrote:
There is a site that I need to access via kerberos. Has anyone built the kerberos clients on cygwin? I have a windows version of kinit, which lets me get a ticket. I can then use putty's ssh to login. I'd like to use the cygwin OpenSSH to do this. If I try, I get:

I posted an older version of Kerberos here:

http://cygutils.fruitbat.org/testing/
(just use setup.exe and enter the above URL as an alternate download site)

However, a word of warning: it is totally and completely unsupported. If it does not work, or you can't figure out how to get it to work, that is Not My Problem. :-)

One other thing: AFAIK, every client that uses kerboros keys must be "kerberized" -- e.g. compiled specifically to use them. That's why kerberos provides its own versions of telnet etc. I do not believe that cygwin SSH has been compiled in this manner. Nor is it likely to, as krb5 is NOT an official cygwin package and is (again) totally unsupported by anyone associated with the cygwin project, including me.

--
Chuck