This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Add single package manually with setup.exe (with network).
- From: Arturus Magi <sailorleo at isonews2 dot com>
- To: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:05:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: Add single package manually with setup.exe (with network).
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sailorleo at isonews2 dot com
Bernd Müller-Zimmermann wrote:
I didn't manage to make setup.exe install only those
two packages. I would select "Default" for all groups
and then click away all packages but "make" and "nasm",
but it would still start to download *many* packages
(which I can't afford on my modem connection).
Setup defaults to updating packages that are already installed. What
you want is 'Keep.'
Packages upon which make and nasm depend may still update, incidentally,
and for good reason. This will probably pull in a few other Devel and
Libs packages, and possibly parts of Base.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html