Installation problem on win XP SP2

Dear Cygwin:

I'm using XP pro SP2. I had installed cygwin with setup.exe (version 2.457.2.2).

The problem is that installation was incomplete i.e., as cygwin being installed and started, "bash-2.05b$" prompt was shown in a cygwin window, but commands in /bin did not works due to no path to /bin. Files or directories such as /etc/profile, /etc/bashrc /home were not generated. And some applications, for example gnuplot.exe, could not be started, and the error message is as following: since cyggd-2.dll is not found, the application cannot be started. In order to fix this problem, reinstall the application. I have reinstall the application which is downloaded from internet. But it did not work.

I assumed that this problem is post-installation failure. So I read related the mail archive of the cygwin@cygwin.com http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-08/msg01420.html Following the article, I reseted the permission of c driver and installed the cygwin, but it did not works.

Why the installation have the problems in this case ?

The output of 'cygcheck -svr' is attached in this mail

Sincerely

Young