List/setup-run problems

It seems the cygwin server is still down, so I don't know exactly when
this note may post -- but as failsafe -- I wanted to try to do a package
download from one of the mirror sites, but I can't get past the point
where setup tries to download the list of mirror sites. It would be
a helpful "failover", if setup could used the last cached mirror list
if the live list isn't available -- or is there already someway to
override that setting. Thanks! -linda

p.s. -- not to comment on cfg's admission: