Make a Shared Library using Makefile

Ok Guys ,
I had posted one mail few days ago ,but didn't got the reply..  ok no
problem .. The problem may with the way, I was compiling. But here i m
presenting a problem which is regarding " To create a shared Library".
As we know shared library created in Linux are in " .SO" extension.
Here i m giving a Makefile which creates a .so file in Linux-------
CXX = g++
CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -I../../include -I. -Wall -Wno-sign-compare
-Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-format -D_GNU_SOURCE
example.so : example.c
        ${CXX} $< ${CXXFLAGS} -shared -fPIC -L. -lexample -Wl,-soname,$@ -o $@
clean:
        rm -f libexample.so example.so

.......And  as told in previous query , i m going to create shared
library in windows(i.e. DLL ) using our cygwin. I m using Makefile in
cygwin as---

CXX = g++
CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -I../../include -I. -Wall -Wno-sign-compare
-Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-format -D_GNU_SOURCE
example.dll : example.c
        ${CXX} $< ${CXXFLAGS} -shared -fPIC -L. -lexample -Wl,-soname,$@ -o $@
clean:
        rm -f libexample.dll example.dll
Also i m having all libraries for my .c file.. So my query is that "
Is it the right way to create a DLL using such makefile?? ", Or is
there any other way to create a DLL ??????? I know i asked this query
earliar but i have given the way at which i m going to create a DLL
file.. Any help will be appreciated..
Waiting for reply
--
With Best Regards