RE: Fortune potty-mouth and those who demand it

> On Jan 10 21:56, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > Oh, one more thing:  I'd prefer it if any threats to
> 'censor' or 'ban'
> > me from this forum also be sent to this forum, and not to me
> > personally, so any hilariously blatant hypocrisy said
> threats may or
> > may not contain can be judged in the light of day, by the
> people, for
> > the people, and of the people.
>
> Who did that?  Certainly neither Chris nor I

No, it was neither you nor Chris.  The name is not an unfamiliar one
however.

> and there's
> nobody else who could "ban" you from the list.  Can we see
> the mail please?  You can obfuscate the addresses for now but
> I'm rather curious how such a hollow threat looks alike.

I would be happy to show it to you; unfortunately, the sender wouldn't, and
would most certainly follow up any disclosure of the text in question with
more (apparently) empty threats.  The sender has sent me a private email
"clarifying" the threat, and he is clearly still of the opinion that he
either has the ability to ban me or speaks for those who can.

I have explicitly given the sender permission to post my private response to
his threats to this forum.  Hopefully he is man enough to post them here for
all to examine, and this unseemly chapter in Cygwin history can be put to
rest.

To the "Secret Admirer" in question: do you grant me the right to send the
email text in question, with any and all identifying marks... redacted... To
Corinna privately, as per her request?  I would send the private response
mentioned above, with your text quoted, which I believe I quoted in full.
Please respond privately or publicly, however you see fit.  But please
respond.  You know who you are.

I will cogitate over this and may send you the text with or without the
sender's permission, Corinna.  If the sender indeed has no power in this
matter, I see little harm in doing so.  If he does, well, as the French say,
c'est cerat, la vie.  Or words to that effect.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle