Re: Issue in using xinetd service on windows

Sharma, Pallavi (GE Healthcare) wrote:
The problem is not with killing the xinetd process. I can kill it by running "/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd stop".

Killing xinetd ist not the problem, but...?

Now i am facing a new problem.
telnet/ftp service is hanging. :-(
xinetd process is running but telnet and ftp hangs. If I reboot the system, everything works fine. I guess this hang is related to the xinetd start/stop issue i am having.

Any idea why telnet/ftp is hanging??

No. And since you didn't tell what exactly you mean when you say "hanging" and what exactly you did when this "hanging" occurred, I guess it will be very difficult for anybody to give an helpful answer.
IMO you should check the logfiles, the system log and - most of all - you should read
http://cygwin.com/problems.html

If you provide the relevant info, maybe someone is able to provide a solution.

Regards
  mks