Re: Cygwin package management

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 05:11:06PM +0100, Michel Van den Bergh wrote:
>>Of course.  Otoh, providing a unix environment and then expecting
>>people to resistancelessly accept a setup.exe gui to do package
>>management is asking for trouble ;-)
>
>I second that!

As usual, it seems that a point was missed.  "Seconding" doesn't do
anything here.

If you want to add a command-line package management tool to cygwin
nothing is stopping you.  Propose it like a normal package.  I would
insist that anyone who does this vows to stick around for the support
problems that is sure to follow however.

I even wrote one of these myself but then quailed at the thought of
scores of "it not work, i need install cygwin, u fix?" email that
would be sure to follow if I actually formally introduced it.

cgf