This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: stdcall lib functions with exception throwing callbacks vs Dwarf2 EH
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Danny Smith <dannysmith at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, mingw-dvlpr <mingw-dvlpr at lists dot sourceforge dot net>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:32:40 -0800
- Subject: Re: stdcall lib functions with exception throwing callbacks vs Dwarf2 EH
- References: <001701c4d1ab$949322e0$0a6d65da@DANNY>
On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:27:11AM +1300, Danny Smith wrote:
> Before I pull any more hair out trying, does any one have any hints on
> how to use an MD_FALLBACK_FRAME_STATE_FOR to workaround ...
That would be wrong.
I think the most likely explanation is that there's a bug in the
dwarf2 generator for stdcall functions with -fomit-frame-pointer,
and the problem should be attacked there.
If you've got a call that takes 12 bytes of arguments on the stack
and pop them on return, then the unwind info should look like
# DW_CFA_GNU_args_size 12
# DW_CFA_def_cfa_offset <previous value - 12>
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html