Re: Problem with setup

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:26:34PM -0600, Bobby McNulty wrote:

Guys, theres a major problem with setup.
According to the error I just got, setup is not
closing any of its files after writing them.
I finally got past xorg, and got up to update_info.
I'll rerun setup to get a cygcheck.

So, does this mean that the changes I made to the xorg distribution worked, then? If so, why are you reporting this here rather than in the cygwin-xfree mailing list where this has been discussed at great length?

cgf

Yes, it worked. Now I'm getting a report that setup is not closing the files.
It can't get past the update_info now.
Something has happened to setup. Either that, or Cygwin is bigger now than when the current version came out. I lost the URL to the test version of setup.
I know they have been working on. I see it in the CVS logs every day.