Re: mysql-4.x.x with gcc-3.4.1, compile error on cygwin, all fixes to get it compiled

Charles Churchill wrote:
Mr. Haase,
You have my most profound thanks. The main things I really needed was to be
able to get a client up under cygwin and to get libmysql working. I'm using
the Windows build of mysql and connecting from cygwin, but because of tricky
things with tty's the Windows mysql client wouldn't run correctly under
cygwin.

You shouldn't need BDB for the client, if you configure --without-server only the #pragma interface fixes are needed (and the no-undefined & reconf for shared libs) to get the client, and the threads fix is only needed when using --enable-thread-safe-client.

Again, thanks so much,

You're welcome, Gerrit -- =^..^=