This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: Pablo Ruiz Garcia <pruiz at netway dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:02:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: HyperThreading
- References: <080a01c4bbc2$6816a2e0$6600a8c0@oops>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Pablo Ruiz Garcia wrote:
> I'm having some problems with hyperthreading machines and cygwin.
> AFAIK there was some kind of problem with hyperthreading on cygwin,
> do anyone know if this problems has been fixed?
It'd be much more helpful if you actually tried to describe the problems
you're having. It'd also be helpful if you followed the Cygwin problem
reporting guidelines here:
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
That said, Richard Campbell's reply is probably still valid.
FWIW, we use hyperthreaded and dual processor hyperthreaded machines daily
without issue (Cygwin 1.5.10). Maybe we're just lucky...
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
the best safety device in any aircraft is a well-trained pilot...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html