This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] New Packages: libgnomeprint22-2.8.0-1, libgnomeprintui22-2.8.0-1
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:17:06 -0500 (CDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Packages: libgnomeprint22-2.8.0-1, libgnomeprintui22-2.8.0-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The following packages have been recently added to the Cygwin distribution:
These two libraries make up the GNOME Printing Architecture.
1) Printing from GNOME programs using these libraries will give you
PostScript output. If that printer doesn't support PS, then DON'T print
to it! (That is, unless you want to see what raw PS looks like. Trust
me, I tried it.) Print to file instead.
2) The default printer in Windows is used as PRINTER when you log in to
a Cygwin shell. To change this, either you'll need to export a new
value for PRINTER (only do this if you know what you're doing!), or
change the default printer within Windows and logout and back in to Cygwin.
3) If you don't have any PS printers and don't want to manually convert
PS to PDF or whatever, I recommend using PDFCreator
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/) to make a PDF and print it
from Adobe Reader.
- -- *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html