RE: g77 executable with largish array fails (solved?)

> From: David Billinghurst
>
> The following test case is distilled from the LAPACK timing test cases.
> These used to work on some previous versions of cygwin/g77, but now fail.

I translated the problem into C using f2c.  It becomes:

$ cat labugc.c
int main() {
  static float a[39*1024*1024];
}

$ gcc -O0 -o labugc.exe labugc.c
$ ./labugc
C:\cygwin\usr\people\billingd\labugc.exe (3372): *** MapViewOfFileEx(0x728, in_h 0x728) failed, Win32 error 6

Aha, I says.  Looks like stack overflow.  Google pointed me to an work around
gcc -Wl,--stack,200000000 -O0 -o labugc.exe labugc.c

	David

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.
This notice should not be removed.