This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Package: email-2.3.0-2
- From: Stephen Powell <stephen_powell at optusnet dot com dot au>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:17:18 +1000
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Package: email-2.3.0-2
- References: <200410212204.i9LM4QH04985@esds.vss.fsi.com>
"Ross Smith II" <email@example.com> writes:
> The following package has recently been added to the Cygwin distribution:
The path to the fortune program is "/usr/bin/fortune", email thinks it
I put "%f" in "/etc/email/email.sig" to get a quote from fortune in my
signature, email sends the mail but without the signature line.
$ echo "Is this thing on?" | email -f me@here -s "Testing 1,2,3" you@there
/usr/games/fortune: not found
$ which fortune
Is it possible to run fortune as "/usr/bin/fortune -s"? The "-s"
generates a short quote which I think is better in an email signature.
PS I haven't looked at the source.
Talkers are no good doers.
-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html