This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: resolv.h test proposal
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Stepan Kasal <kasal at ucw dot cz>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>, autoconf at gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:40:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: resolv.h test proposal
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <20041025121439.GA4915@matsrv.math.cas.cz> <417CF66F.email@example.com> <20041025130959.GA8437@matsrv.math.cas.cz>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
Thread context: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-10/msg01111.html
> Hello Reini,
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:49:51PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>> >So I take the liberty to forward it to the bug report address.
>> Many thanks for doing this for us.
> nothing to be really grateful for.
> What's really needed, is to write the AC_HEADER_RESOLV macro.
> The existing AC_HEADER_* macros can serve as a template.
> It would be nice if you or Gerrit or someone else could invest the time
> to do it and post the patch to firstname.lastname@example.org .
I'm sorry, I don't know enough about autoconf / m4 programming to
integrate this into autoconf.
I just use this for acinclude.m4 or put it in a file named resolv_h.m4
under /usr/share/aclocal now:
# Call AC_HEADER_RESOLV after this in configure.ac:
# AC_CHECK_HEADERS([arpa/nameser.h netinet/in.h sys/socket.h sys/types.h])
[AC_CHECK_HEADERS([resolv.h], , ,
# include <sys/types.h>
# include <netinet/in.h> /* inet_ functions / structs */
# include <arpa/nameser.h> /* DNS HEADER struct */
# include <sys/socket.h> /* DNS HEADER struct */
I call AC_HEADER_RESOLV in configure.ac and this works for me(tm).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html