This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tcsh and chere-0.3-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:32:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: tcsh and chere-0.3-1
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.44.0410131741310.22713-100000@dragon>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 06:20:55PM -0600, Andrew Grimm wrote:
>I think with most login shells the "cd $HOME" behavior is due to the way
>the scripts are written in /etc (for example Cygwin's /etc/csh.login).
>That is probably a good thing to have in the script, but it presents a
>difficulty for this unusual application.
Aha. I didn't know that this was something we were doing.
If that is the case then maybe we could get some coordination going and
set a CYGWIN_CD_HERE environment variable or something and just have the
login shell cd to the right directory automatically with the help of
the /etc/* scripts.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html