This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: lseek 2GB wrap problem (with tail)? [need textutils repackage]
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:02:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: lseek 2GB wrap problem (with tail)? [need textutils repackage]
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <416D56A0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Alexander Geraldy wrote:
> I've seen the following problem and don't know how to handle it.
> Configuration: Cygwin 1.5.11-1, tail (textutils) 2.0.21, strace (cygwin)
Unfortunately, it looks like the textutils package has gone
unmaintained. The last release of it was in Feb of 2002:
Cygwin did not have 64 bit file IO support until the 1.5.x series, from
July 2003, meaning this package was compiled against 1.3.x and will
choke on the 2GB barrier. It could be as simple as rebuilding it and
releasing a new package. Someone should really look into this, and I've
CC'd cygwin-apps to see if there's any interest.
File under "Cygwin really needs a proper coreutils maintainer to take
over these dead packages."
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html