This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem with find/grep
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:39:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: problem with find/grep
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <0I5H00EZWDWZK8@pmismtp01.mcilink.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Mark Paulus wrote:
> Another issue I've run into with find, but typically when I pipe
> it to xargs is that directories/files with spaces in the names cause
> all kind of disruption.
Add "-print0" to your find arguments and "-0" to your xargs arguments
and that problem will disappear.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html