This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin/x symantec antivirus conflict (fixed in snapshot?)
- From: Jack Tanner <ihok at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:30:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin/x symantec antivirus conflict (fixed in snapshot?)
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4164ABA6.email@example.com> <20041007034237.GE6359@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <41693BD6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041011024427.GC5016@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <4169FEEC.email@example.com> <20041011040641.GD5016@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
For those who haven't been following along at home, it looks like a
change I just made to select() may solve the dreaded "slows down to a
crawl with Symantec AntiVirus" problem.
This may also improve the performance of things that use sockets
So, I'd appreciate reports on the latest snapshot. Does it fix any
problems? Cause any problems? No change?
Wow! Using the 2004-10-10 snapshot, I'm experiencing an ubelievable
speed improvement. The typing delay as well as the remote X apps drawing
delays are gone.
In addition, I confirm that openssh with X forwarding and Cygwin/X are
both functioning as they should.
cgf and Philip, thank you immensely.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html