This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
libtool / assembler problem with -DPIC
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:22:40 +0200
- Subject: libtool / assembler problem with -DPIC
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
With GNU as PIC is not an noop, when -DPIC is used to invoke gas the
generated assembly is broken. I saw this problem with a
reautoconfiscated version of GMP. This may be unusual, but there was
libtool used to invoke gas.
While -DPIC is a noop for usual compilation, it is harmful when used
as gas flag to compile assembly, I suggest to remove it entirely when
target is cygwin. Change would be in libtool.m4 line 4971 ff in
Alternative: don't pass flag through when gas is called.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html