This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [OT] Re: Spurious "You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on y our syste m."
- From: Robin Bowes <robin-lists at robinbowes dot com>
- To: "Luke Kendall"@cisra.canon.com.au
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 01:23:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Spurious "You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on y our syste m."
- Organization: robinbowes.com
- References: <20041010225325.79D1D84C97@pessard.research.canon.com.au>
"Luke Kendall"@cisra.canon.com.au wrote:
On 8 Oct, Robin Bowes wrote:
Try setting it to: Your Name <name@domain>
Notice two things:
1. No quotes round your name - they're only required if you have special
characters in your name.
2. angle brackets round your email address.
Well, I tried:
"Luke Kendall" <luke.kendall@XXXX...>
"Luke Kendall" (luke.kendall@XXXX...)
Luke Kendall (luke.kendall@XXXX...)
Luke Kendall <luke.kendall@XXXX...>
and in each case got mail with headers like this:
Subject: test 7
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:01:02 +1000 (EST)
To: Luke Kendall <luke@XXXX...>
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.349 tagged_above=0 required=6.3 tests=AWL, NO_REAL_NAME
(Luke Kendall) luke.kendall@XXXX...
(Luke Kendall) <luke.kendall@XXXX...>
gave a really bad From: address of From: "Luke Kendall"@XXXX...
So in short, I tried everything I could think of.
Like I said, I don't think this feature works properly in my MUA
(Postilion). And yes, I should update to some other one, and I will,
and in the meantime I'll suffer from this problem, which seems fair
Thanks for the suggestion, though, Robin.
I found this from the postilion home page (http://www.postilion.org) under
"nagging bugs" (!) :
"Entering a Full Name <email@example.com>, or firstname.lastname@example.org (Full Name) format
address in the preferences widget will not work properly. Setting the address in
the format email@example.com (Full Name) in each mailbox's configuration will
work. To do this, open the "Mailboxes" window, select the mailbox, right-click,
choose "Edit" from the menu, and enter your address in the From: and,
optionally, the Reply-to: fields."
Worth a try.
Alternatively, bite the bullet and find a MUA that works.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html