This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin & openssh(d) & login without password
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:10:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin & openssh(d) & login without password
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I wanted to add a little bit to the thread in regards to setup of ssh. To generate the public and pro\ivate key pairs needed to login with out a password prompt requires the use of the "ssh-keygen" utility. From your home directory using the following sequence to generate a key pair.
Better to just run "ssh-user-config" which does this for you, among
other things. If there are deficiencies in that script (or
ssh-host-config) then they should be fixed, rather then having users
circumvent the scripts and "wing it".
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html