This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: How to prepend a directory to the PATH to accommodate CVSNT?
- From: luke dot kendall at cisra dot canon dot com dot au
- To: Siegfried Heintze <siegfried at heintze dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:54:12 +1000 (EST)
- Subject: RE: How to prepend a directory to the PATH to accommodate CVSNT?
On 6 Oct, Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> I looked in c:\Cygwin\home\Administrator and could not find a .profile file
> using emacs. There was a .bash_profile file. Should I create a .profile
It's not necessary, unless you might also run other Bourne shells.
If you are, then it makes sense to use .profile instead of
..bash_profile (just don't use any bash extensions there).
BTW, if you are appearing as Administrator, and you're actually logging
into a domain, it probably means you need to run mkpasswd -d and add
the output to /etc/passwd (mkpasswd -d >> /etc/passwd).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html