This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cron doesnt run jobs (sometimes)!
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: russ <russ dot lunn at russlunn dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 02:22:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: cron doesnt run jobs (sometimes)!
- References: <00cf01c4abec$15410230$c600a8c0@rl>
Hi there list!
1st off .im new to cygwin.
i have built some scripts to do tape backups
basically a find, then a cpio, then tar it to tape.
it runs from the command line.
it doesnt run from crontab, although from event viewer i see that cron ran.
also i put another line in crontab to run ls -l >> /usr/tmp/test every
this works just fine!.
ive lightly tapped all my scripts with chmod 777 still doesnt work!
not the script! the data must be readable for SYSTEM.
btw its a win2k server (dc)
check if it runs under okay in a "sysbash" shell. must be the permissions.
search the ml archives for "sysbash". still not a package
or run manually:
> at <soon> /interactive bash --login -i
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html