This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH + CVS But no login.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:10:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: SSH + CVS But no login.
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <200410060652.i966qH1R032343@mx3.redhat.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 6 07:52, Michael Jervis wrote:
> >Do you Google: <http://google.com/search?q=cvsonly+site%3Acygwin.com>?
> Ah, yeah. Um. I have a nasty head cold and was in a rush. No idea why I
> didn't google but that works just lovely thank you.
> Next question:
> I've just deleted the various Guest/System accounts from my passwd file.
> This wont' break anything will it? And it's all I need to do to stop people
> logging in as guest?
Urgh! SYSTEM is the account sshd is running under. Don't remove that.
I'm wondering why you *first* removed entries from passwd and *then*
asked if that's right instead of vice versa (which would be the natural
order if one don't know, wouldn't it?)
Don't mess around with passwd and group files, except you know what
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html