This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cron and copying files across drives: how?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:48:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: cron and copying files across drives: how?
- References: <OFB2F7DFED.1E1783F5-ON88256F23.006781D1@mailconnect.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 4 12:04, Eric_Zeller@ffic.com wrote:
> I thought I could bypass the system account not allowed to log into remote
> drive by providing username and password to "net use".
> but that didn't work.
Note that you *must* use the "domain\username" syntax when calling
net use in this scenario. If you're not in a domain, then replace
"domain" by the name of the share server, e.g.:
$ net use \\server\share mypasswd /user:server\myusername
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html