This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Where is the documentation for installing Win2K services for cvs, ftp, rlogin, inetd?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:51:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: Where is the documentation for installing Win2K services for cvs, ftp, rlogin, inetd?
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200410031321125.SM01220@fasolt>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> Perhaps it would ease my sense of frustration if I understood the logic
> behind having three different directories for documentation. There is
> /usr/doc/cygwin/, /usr/share/doc and /usr/doc. Have I missed any?
> Why does not c:/cygwin/usr/share/doc/cvs-1.11.17/README contain the
> instructions for installing the W2K service for cvs? Where are the
> instructions for this?
> does not contain the instructions for this either. Am I supposed to infer
> them from c:/cygwin/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README?
Probably irt doesn't work to run a Cyugwin based CVS server (or it is
> Where are the instructions for starting the services that implement rlogin
> and ftp?
> Where are the instructions for starting inetd as a WIN2K service? I looked
> in c:/cygwin/usr/doc/xinetd-2.3.9/README and could not find the instructions
> here either.
And take a look at cygrunsrv.README.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html