This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the whole Cygwin release/ distribution
- From: Jörg Schaible <Joerg dot Schaible at Elsag-Solutions dot com>
- To: "David Christensen" <dpchrist at holgerdanske dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:00:46 +0200
- Subject: RE: Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the whole Cygwin release/ distribution
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
David Christensen wrote on Friday, October 01, 2004 7:31 AM:
> I would like to request that this policy be reversed -- that
> there be a version number for the entire Cygwin release.
> Every O/S and application I've used had a release number for
> the whole thing; Cygwin should as well.
Really? When you bought you last comp, what software was included?
Win XP Home SP2 ?
So please ensure that you're also running:
Wordpad XP SP2
Internet Explorer XP SP2
MS MediaPlayer XP SP2
Open Office XP SP 2
WinAMP XP SP2
McAfee VirusScan XP SP2
... and lookung at the Linux distributions ...
Taking Red Hat 9.0 ... you may expect also
well, if you find something different, you might write an open letter to Microsoft and Red Hat that they really ensure, that all delivered applications have the same version the next time.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html