This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygheap problems with 1.5.11
Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
I noticed the same. But I'm not sure when it start happening.
I recently upgraded to cygwin-1.5.11, the latest xorg- stuff
and also to zlib-1.2.1/bzip2-1.0.2. Afterwards I had problems
with apache which could be solved as usually with a rebaseall
including my self compiled dll's.
> I only noticed the problem after this procedure. So I'm not sure
> what's the culprit.
Now that you mention it, I also ran a rebaseall because of Perl modules
right before the cygheap problem happened. In fact, I think that was
the first time I rebased using cygwin-1.5.11; maybe that's what needs to
In my case the cygheap_fixup_in_child error manifests only in a
couple of gnome1 applications which I compiled by myself. It looks as
so all apps which are dependent on /opt/gnome1/bin/cygart_lgpl-2.dll
are infected. All my other gnome1 apps works just fine. For example:
I'm not seeing the problem so far with officially released apps.
For example gpg --version works fine here.
So I think I'm on my own here.
Well, right now gpg, XWin, XWin_GL all aren't working, along with my
self-compiled snownews, plus any program that I've compiled since the
problem first happened.
Again, the common factor seems to be rebasing with cygwin-1.5.11. Could
someone *please* investigate (before my cygwin becomes completely
BTW, Gerrit, I was working on getting together a bunch of Gnome prereqs
for ITP at the time, but I can't do anything now until this is fixed. :-(
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html