This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem with cygwin box (termcap?)
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: arnstein at pobox dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:05:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: problem with cygwin box (termcap?)
- References: <200409221956.i8MJusA06757@panix1.panix.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 03:56 PM 9/22/2004, you wrote:
>I launch a cygwin "box" (command window) on my Windows 2000 machine.
>I run ssh to connect to a shell account running a variant of BSD Unix.
>Whenever I use the program "less" on that shell account, it complains
> "WARNING: terminal is not fully functional."
>Another user has stated that tin (the news reader) complains
> "tin: Terminal must have clear to end-of-screen (cd)
>I suspect that these issues are related. Can the termcap entry for
>cygwin be improved? Or is this truly a limitation of the cygwin box?
What terminal are you using? 'cygwin'? That's the default. It's
unlikely that your BSD box knows it if you haven't told it about it. Do
so or try a related terminal type.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html