This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash returns incorrect process status
- From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <ronald at landheer dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:31:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: Bash returns incorrect process status
- References: <753F1E41ACB9D51190C00090277218D80171EE39@WWMESSD206>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Dolton Tony AB wrote:
I've noticed that bash doesn't get issued too often.
It doesn't for three reasons:
1. the maintainer for Cygwin (that would be me) is very busy
2. The current version of Bash is very, very stable
3. I'm hesitant (reluctant, even) to let a new release of Bash go out
the door without proper testing, even if it does fix a bug reported
on this list every-so-often - i.e. I don't jump on every patch to
apply it tout-de-suite and send out a new release: there's too much
that depends on Bash.. That, and reason #1..
As soon as I have the time, I will test and release a new Bash-2 with
the two patches I have for it now: one that fixes a problem that occured
in a snapshot a while back and shouldn't even bother the every-day Bash
user at the moment but is worth a fix anyway (and for which a patch was
kindly provided by Corinna) and one that came out of this very thread.
As for Bash-3: until I have the time to test it properly (==thouroughly)
there won't be a release of it yet and when it comes, it will be a test
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html